Earthworks & Enabling Contracts
Muck Away & Waste Disposal
Soil Remediation & Validation
Muck Away & Waste Disposal • Demolition • Earthworks & Enabling Contracts • Haulage • Plant Hire • Soil Remediation & Validation
Call us now on 01293 617014
Client: Morrisons Supermarkets
Site: Bowyers Pie Factory, Stallard Street, Trowbridge, Wiltshire
Works to be undertaken: Soft Strip, Asbestos Removal, Demolition, Bulk Excavation and Muck Away and Land Remediation
Matthews (Sussex) Limited were contracted to undertake the demolition, asbestos removal, muck away and site clearance of the mixed use factory buildings at the 10 acre site to make way for Innox Riverside. There were six listed buildings of architectural and historical interest to be retained and protected during the project which are to be refurbished to provide new restaurants and leisure units.
The structures were constructed of steelwork, concrete, brick, refrigeration panels and timber with over 95% of the waste streams being processed on site then recycled.
Considerable preparation and planning works were required due to environmental constraints and the sensitivity of the surrounding area. At the North and North West perimeter of the site is the River Biss; this was of particular concern during the works due to the close proximity of one of the buildings to be demolished, this was carefully managed and successfully demolished without incident. At the South and South West perimeter is Trowbridge railway line. Consideration had to be taken during the planning of the project to ensure there were no adverse effects from the demolition works to the activities of the rail network.
The site has two separate Victorian foul and surface water drainage culverts which had to be protected and remain clear and uncontaminated throughout the project. Matthews (Sussex) Limited adhered to rigorous procedures in addition to comprehensive planning; this enabled the successful completion of the project by the safest method whilst remaining on time and to budget with no delays or damage to Network Rail property or impact to the surrounding Environment.
Scope of Works
- Assume the role of Principle Contractor
- Establish adequate site welfare facilities
- Carry out pre-condition survey
- Removal of all asbestos products
- Careful strip out
- Protection of the listed structures
- Removal, Management and Disposal of all blown foam refrigeration panels containing CFC / HCFC
- Decommissioning and demolition of industrial fuel oil tanks
- Demolition of 4 large industrial factory warehouses
- Demolition of ancillary buildings
- Bulk excavation and muck away of surplus materials
- Leave site in a clean, tidy and safe condition on completion